Monday, November 4, 2013

Hello and Goodbye Fall

Fall in Maine is a special time of the year. It's marks the beginning of different hunting seasons, it's the time when the farmers bring in all of their corn stocks, and this year, now that we live way out in the country, we learned that fall is also the time when those same farmers spread manure all over those same fields. 

P. U. 

This year marked the first full year after my move from the Belfast area to the town of Albion. It's been a wonderful year. I've made lots of new friends, including some great neighbors behind us. 

Soon the snow will be flying and we will be in the thick of winter. Mt. Washington, New Hampshire, which is 90 miles west of my home, already had 130mph winds and snow on it's summit. Winter is truly on its way. 

In the meantime, we enjoy what is left of the fall season. This fall, my daughter and I enjoyed visiting the tiny town of Troy, where I snapped the above picture. 


No comments: